Friday, November 4, 2011

A ray of light

As I write this, I have been in anticipation of a call from a Business Analyst who would be interviewing me !! It all started with talks with my supervisors for a Business role. I had requested for it a year back (was not given then) and more recently a couple of months ago when my promotion was at hand. The point to reflect was that 'Market Research' was a niche domain for a Business Analyst to thrive once he leaves Nielsen. Both Jinu and Mohan held the same opinion(both BA's themselves) and I was convinced .

But why do I see myself here then ? My agenda and my interests ended up being in the same direction after a ROLLER COASTER ride of decisions with my future (self inflicted and tumultuous). I was always keen for Business stuff and Management was where I had always placed myself at whenever I thought of my career in future. So I zeroed in on GMAT with the right amount of experience in my kitty. Typically a B School looks out for people who stand out with varied experience and I am here with four years of pure technical background. So I thought functional experience would be the right icing on the cake !!

Well, I now stand here expecting the second promotion (after IT Analyst) and the coveted chance promised by my Manager which would help me considerably in making the most out of my last chance to make a difference in my life !!

No comments: